Updated: 30-Apr-21 10:16 ET
|Updated: 30-Apr-21 10:16 ET
- The final April reading for the University of Michigan Index of Consumer Sentiment increased to 88.3 (Briefing.com consensus 87.0) from the preliminary reading of 84.9.
- The final reading for March was 84.9.
- The Current Economic Conditions Index held steady with the the preliminary reading of 97.2. The final reading for March was 93.0.
- The Index of Consumer Expectations increased to 82.7 from 79.7. The final reading for March was 79.7.
- The key takeaway from the report is the finding that an all-time record number of consumers expect the unemployment rate to decline in the year ahead, which is an important view as it relates to spending potential.
| Present conditions