Updated: 18-Aug-17 10:32 ET
|Updated: 18-Aug-17 10:32 ET
- The Preliminary reading of the University of Michigan
consumer sentiment for August increased to 97.6 from July's final reading of
- The Current Economic Conditions Index declined from
113.4 in July to 111.0 in August.
- The Index of Consumer Expectations rose from
80.5 in July to 89.0 in August, approaching its January 2017 peak of 90.3.
- The report noted that too few interviews were
conducted after the events in Charlottesville, suggesting an increased likelihood
of a pullback in the Expectations index when the final August report is
- Data captured in the report indicate an annual
gain of 2.4% in personal consumption expenditures, unchanged from the final
August increase was fueled by a rebound in the Expectations Index, which
returned to levels from the start of 2017
| Present conditions