Updated: 26-Feb-21 10:25 ET
|Updated: 26-Feb-21 10:25 ET
- The final reading for the February University of Michigan Index of Consumer Sentiment was revised up to 76.8 (Briefing.com consensus 76.4) from the preliminary reading of 76.2.
- The final February reading was below the final reading of 79.0 for January.
- The Current Economic Conditions Index was unchanged at 86.2. The final reading for January was 86.7.
- The Index of Consumer Expectations rose to 70.7 from the preliminary reading of 69.8. The final reading for January was 74.0.
- The key takeaway from the report is that the downturn in February was driven by views on future economic prospects among households with incomes below $75,000. Another key takeaway, though, is that the year ahead inflation rate was expected to be 3.3% versus 3.0% in January and 2.5% in December.
| Present conditions