Updated: 16-Nov-17 09:58 ET
|Updated: 16-Nov-17 09:58 ET
- The Philadelphia Fed Index slipped to 22.7 in November (Briefing.com consensus 24.6) from 27.9 in October. The dividing line between expansion and contraction is 0.0.
- November marked the 16th straight month the diffusion index has been positive
- The New orders Index increased from 19.6 to 21.4
- The Prices Paid Index rose from 38.1 to 39.0
- The Inventories Index fell from 6.0 to -8.6
- The Number of Employees Index dropped from 30.6 to 22.6
- The key takeaway from the report is that manufacturing firms in the region expect growth to continue, evidenced by the diffusion index for future general activity rising from 46.4 in October to 50.1 in November.