Updated: 15-Feb-18 10:14 ET
|Updated: 15-Feb-18 10:14 ET
- The Philadelphia Fed Index increased from 22.2 in January to 25.8 in February (Briefing.com consensus 22.0), driven by a pickup in new orders and prices paid.
- The New Orders Index jumped from 10.1 to 24.5
- The Prices Paid Index rose from 32.9 to 45.0
- The Shipments Index dropped from 30.3 to 15.5
- The Number of Employees Index increased from 16.8 to 25.2
- The key takeaway from the report is that manufacturing activity in the Philadelphia Fed region has accelerated, with cost pressures being reported as more widespread.